IANA is North America’s leading industry trade association representing the combined interests of the intermodal freight industry.
IANA’s membership roster of over 1,000 corporate members includes railroads—Class I, short-line and regional; water carriers and stacktrain operators; port authorities; intermodal truckers and over-the-road highway carriers; intermodal marketing and logistics companies; and suppliers to the industry such as equipment manufacturers, intermodal leasing companies and consulting firms. IANA’s associate (non-voting) members include shippers (defined as the beneficial owners of the freight to be shipped), academic institutions, government entities and non-profit associations.
To promote the growth of efficient intermodal freight transportation through innovation, education and dialogue.
IANA will bring industry leadership and accomplish its mission as an association by:
- Promoting the benefits of intermodal freight transportation and educating industry stakeholders
- Providing its members with a mode neutral forum to discuss common issues, build consensus, shape policy, and develop recommended practices
- Positively influencing and shaping the legislative and regulatory environment in areas that impact the intermodal industry
- Promoting and facilitating efficient business processes through innovation and technologies, while enabling common systems and services
- Delivering excellence through its people, processes, technology and operations