About the ATA
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight.
Mission & Objectives
ATA’s mission is to “effectively advocate and communicate efforts designed to improve safety and profitability for our members,” in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan and vision.
That vision is to set ATA as “the recognized leader in transportation advocacy representing the safest, most responsible and financially successful motor carriers.”
- In order to achieve that mission and realize that vision, ATA has set forth five core objectives:
- To position trucking as a recognized safety-first industry.
- To increase the industry’s efficiency and productivity
- To brand ATA as “The Voice of the Trucking Industry.”
- To provide thought leadership that engages and educates the trucking industry and the public
- To responsibly grow financial and human resources to fulfill our mission.
ATA intends to meet these objectives, realizing our vision and achieving our mission, moving the trucking industry and the country forward.